Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reminders of the Global-ness of God's Truth

This past Saturday night, I was leading worship at my church's hosted Missions Conference. I was introducing Josh Bales's A Hymn For All the World (perhaps better entitled "A Prayer for All the World") and I was talking about various reminders of the global essence and transcendence of God's Truth. My reminders were:

1) When I got my first copy of the Greek New Testament. It was reading the Bible for the first time again, knowing that these were the actual God-inspired words, written almost 2,000 years ago, for the world to know the Truth. And then, learning the translation, I learned about the cultural transcendance.

2) When I was in the Amsterdam airport, I was with a team going to Romania to play music, feed children and preach the gospel. We ran into a mission team from Asia who was going somewhere else in Europe. Once we were in Romania, we spent the first few days worshipping with the first church built after Communism's fall.

It's good to have reminders. What are yours?

No comments: