Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review of Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Jesus: A History"

Author and scholar Joel L. Watts had his review of Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard's Killing Jesus: A History appear in the Huffington Post here.


Simply put, there is nothing here beyond an attempt at agenda-driven drivel produced for the lowest common denominator. I wish I had my day back.
There are numerous issues with this book, most of which are covered in any Introduction to the New Testament (higher education) class. 
They destroy context and literary construction to, and I can only assume this based on the evidence of reading the book, hide the actual message of the Gospels. 
I don't know much about Watts as of know, except that he has reviewed for Christian publications in the past (e.g. Tyndale, IVP), but it's sad that people that don't seem to hold to Christian doctrine (e.g. Martin Bashir) can spot politically-driven Scriptural abuse. 
Read the Bible, folks. Correctly.

No comments: