Thursday, June 7, 2012

Five Years Ago Today, pt. 2

Me and the men, about to start the bachelor party.
          Thursday, June 7, 2007 was my first morning in Delaware. I had flown in the previous day, whereas some of my groomsmen and friends had made a road trip out of it. We met them in the parking lot of a nearby Target and then they followed us to what would soon be Christina's former permanent address. There, with Christina and her parents, we had some refreshments before we went to our respective places of lodging within home of local church friends and family. We were pretty tired. 
          But on Thursday, itself, we had a few things to do. I needed to make sure my best man (also the ceremony's worship leader) was practicing with the pianist. Then, we had lunch at my fiancee's house, with my extended family and a few other members of the bridal party that had arrived. After that, it was time for the men to try on the tuxes. 
          My groomsmen used what sparse time and regional knowledge they had to produce a bachelor party, which consisted of a brief game of kickball, a quirky ceremony in the woods on the passage to Christian husband-hood, dinner at TGI Friday's and then watching Mel Gibson's Apocalypto on a big-screen TV. It was a good time.
          Was tired by the end of the day, though. Barely got through the movie. Maybe it was partially because my system was still on the coffeeshop shift clock. I went to bed early, because there was more to do tomorrow.  

No comments: