Monday, February 3, 2014
Modern 10 Commandments?
Are we slacking on the 10 Commandments? It sometimes seems that our version is more like below:
1. You shall not have too many other gods besides Me.
2. You shall not make for yourself too many images or dreams that you serve or to which you bow down.
3. You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain too often or in ways that are too obvious.
4. Remember the Sabbath morning to keep it holy or if not, at least catch livestream or a podcast of a sermon. The rest of the Day you shall do whatever you want.
5. Tolerate your father and your mother. Try not to embarrass them too much so that they will tolerate you.
6. You shall not literally murder. Slander is ok, though.
7. You shall not commit adultery unless you are in love or at least really like your partner.
8. You shall not steal too much; unless you steal from those who deserve to have their stuff stolen.
9. You shall not bear false witness in ways that are obvious. Unless you are a blogger.
10. You shall not covet, whatever that means.
Read the rest
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest