Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Fun: Jesus Works from Pennsylvania

True story. Last month, I was driving my family through Pennsylvania so my daughters could go to a small amusement park. And I saw this sign.


At first, I thought I must have missed another (and hopefully larger) sign indicating an institution with "Christ" in the name (e.g. "Christ Community Church") that would add context and explain that "Christ's Home Office" is simply the main office of a certain church or institution. So, when we drove back, I looked closely for another sign. Nope. Anyone driving on this historic highway, when curious about this institution, would just see those three words.

So, apparently, our omnipresent and omnipotent Savior has His main hub in Pennsylvania. I wondered what his office hours were. I wasn't the only one to notice this sign. Later in the week, Ed Stetzer noted it and called it the "boldest" sign yet.

No comments: