Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bobby McFerrin ("Don't Worry, Be Happy") Speaks on Faith and His New Album

When I was a child, one of the staple cassette tapes (remember those?) of my bedtime music routine was a pair of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories. They were How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin and How the Camel Got His Hump. They were narrated by Jack Nicholson, and music/sound effects were solely provided by the vocal talents of Bobby McFerrin.

I followed Bobby McFerrin's vocal talent and saw him perform in Iowa City and listened to him on occasion all throughout college, and I was proud to see him honored as the vocal legend he is on The Sing-Off.

So, apparently, he's releasing a new album entitled "Spirityouall," and he speaks more about his faith. I may be curious to hear more about his Christian faith and his interaction with the Bible. You can read about his new album and his faith shown in it here.

No comments: