Monday, April 30, 2012

My Humber Pun

image found on si.com
          Little known fact about me: I am, likely, the lone White Sox fan in Wisconsin's lakeshore. I grew up during the Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas era. Their loss to the Toronto Blue Jays in the 1993 ALCS was the reason for my very first (and last!) sports-related temper tantrum. I've been to three games at Comiskey Park and was thrilled to see them sweep the World Series in 2005, even though those four games had some of the lowest viewership.
          In any case, I was thrilled to know that Philip Humber, a White Sox pitcher and fellow believer, threw a perfect game recently. And it's taken me since that time to think of a good pun and get around to posting it! Here it is:

          God exalts the Humber and Humbers the exalted!


          I know you wish you would have thought of it first, but I claim the trademark!


No comments: