Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Fun: Jenny & Tyler's "One-Eyed Cat"

          My wife emailed me a link to this video the other day, and I think it's especially appropriate since my church is hosting a marriage conference tomorrow. Jenny & Tyler, a dynamic, Christ-following musical duo, co-write and perform a cute-but-poignant, testimonial romantic song called "One-Eyed Cat."
          This love song derives its title from Jenny's former pet cat, Stewart. I use the word "former" because Jenny had to leave her longtime cat home with her parents as she went on to marry Tyler, who is cat-allergic. The song contains reflections on a few types of sacrifices, from menial to more significant, but the explicit conclusion is pure joy. As the choruses say: "I didn't mind much giving it up, cause I got even more of you."

No comments: