If you’re planning on setting up a tent outside of your local big-box retail giant to get the best deal, as many Americans traditionally do on the Friday after Thanksgiving, you’re being duped by an elaborate marketing scam.
Here are 5 reasons why Black Friday, and the “discounts” offered by the big box stores, are just a ploy to get you in the door and give them your money.
1. You pay more for most things on Black Friday than the rest of the year.
2. The doorbuster deals are sometimes entirely fabricated just to get you in the door.
3. ‘Deals’ are concocted to achieve pre-established profit targets.
4. The best Black Friday discounts aren’t even in the store.
5. Black Friday deals are often better just before Christmas.