Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Changing Loyalties to Green and Gold

For almost four years, I've lived an hour away from Lambeau Field, resisting the overwhelming cult of Packerdom. My Minnesota Vikings fanhood can be traced back to my father's childhood in Duluth, when he endured the dominant Lombardi era.

Yet I find it frustrating that the Vikings continue to collapse on themselves and rebuild, it seems almost every three years. All the while, the Packers have long landed themselves a future HOF quarterback and continue to build and reload with good players.

Along with all the inconvenience, loneliness and felt abandonment that comes with being a Vikings fan in a Packer world, I've decided today to retire my Vikings fanhood and give my loyalty instead to the Green Bay Packers.  I'll have to find a place to put all my Vikings gear, but it shouldn't be hard to find Packers gear around here.

Thanks for your patience with me, local Packer fans. I'm now with you!

No comments: