Monday, January 23, 2012

Teaching Your Daughter About Football

          During the AFC Championship game yesterday, I had somewhat of a chance to teach my 3-year-old daughter about football.
          I explained that this was a game between a bunch of people named "Mr. Raven" and another bunch of people named "Mr. Patriot." The people named "Mr. Raven" had a picture of a bird on their hat with a big yellow "B." I told her that a patriot is a soldier and that all the people named "Mr. Patriot" were wearing blue and silver.
          Then the object of the game. When it was the Patriots' ball, I said to my little girl that they wanted to "move the ball all the way over there" (pointing to the in-zone off-screen), but Mr. Raven, however, wanted to stop them and take the ball away.
          "I can get Mr. Raven another ball after the game," my daughter said in response, offering a peaceful compromise.
          How could I argue with that?

3 comments:

Kim said...

HILARIOUS! Ava asked us who we were cheering for. We said, "Well, the Packers are out, so we don't really care, but mommy is a little partial to the Patriots." Then she said, "Who is winning?" When we told her "so far, The Patriots" (it was midpoint in game), she said, "Oh, I am cheering for them then. I think I will always cheer for whose winning. Unless, the Packers are playing, then I will cheer for them even when they are losing." Already evidence that we moved her to Sheboygan at a young and impressionable age;)

James said...

Sad to see you've all been converted to Packer-mania. Due to the uncertainty of the Vikings' future home, I can only be sure of one thing about my daughters' football upbringing: it won't be cheering for the Packers.

Dave Hutton said...

That's my granddaughter...always thinking. Now if we can only get her to understand that an Eagle from Philadelphia is the bird to root for, she will have arrived at the pinnicle of football knowledge.