Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All Dogs Go to Worship?

          I read about this in a local news pamphlet in a coffeeshop yesterday (ironically after I took my daughters to Petsmart). Apparently, a Presbyterian church in Los Angeles now holds services that are, simply put, "dog-friendly." And they're not alone.

          I'm no veteran pet-owner, but I'm all about creative communication and community outreach. However, the ramifications here, in theology/culture, are a bit eerie, to say the least. Perhaps we should consider another option while contemplating how to reach out to the dog lovers of the world.

Read Albert Mohler's take.

2 comments:

David Heise said...

Well that is definitely one of the stranger thing's I've seen come out of the evangelical community.

James said...

Well, I don't know if it beats the Christian Wrestling Federation.